Job Title: EFL Teacher (Summer Sports Program)
Location: Lower Austria and Upper Austria
What we offer
The chance to teach English and sports to young learners (7-16 years old) in beautiful Austria! This interactive summer sports program is designed to get children speaking English while also developing their social and motoric skills in a supportive and fun learning environment. All program material is provided.
Who you are
Do you have a passion for teaching English and sports?
Do you possess the interpersonal skills to motivate and engage young learners?
Do you want to be a part of an international team of talented teachers?
Do you have a passion for cultural exchange?
2-10 week contracts available starting 1st July until 7th September 2019
Applicant must be available to attend a 2-day training session prior to the commencement of contract. Training dates available:
- 26th – 28th June 2019
- 31st July to 2nd August 2019
Details of Position
As an EFL Teacher (Summer Sport Program), you’ll have the opportunity to be part of a world-class educational organisation and develop your CLIL credentials while teaching English through the context of sports.
- Teach English and sports in beautiful Austria!
- Report directly to the Academic Director
- Teach using CLIL methodologies
- Monitor daily attendance and ensure records and paperwork are up to date
- Motivate and engage your students with enhanced interpersonal skills
- Provide academic and pastoral support to your students
- Ensure the cohesive delivery of the Summer Sports Program
- Ensure integrity of program paperwork and administrative procedures
- Program dates: From 1st July to 7th September 2019
- Minimum commitment of 2 weeks
The GET Academy and its associated not-for-profit initiative Hello English! promote a holistic approach to language learning based on the development of social and communicative competences in an immersive learning environment. The Academy leads the way in Initial Teacher Training for students of TEFL by putting theory into practice in real Austrian classrooms, while Hello English! connects native-speaking English teachers with Austrian children through project-based cultural and linguistic exchange.
Qualifications and Experience
The ideal candidate will be an native-level English speaker, hold a TEFL qualification and have experience that demonstrates both a genuine talent for working with children and teaching skills:
- Native-level English speaker
- Relevant teaching or sports coaching qualification
- Experience in a young learner teaching environment
- Working rights in the EU
- Previous summer camp or coaching experience
- TEFL Qualification or State Teacher Credentials
Salary and Benefits
Ranges from 16.76 Euro – 21 Euro per hour depending on qualifications and experience and accommodation requirements
Contribution towards return flights
Accommodation provided at a discounted rate