Why choose us?
The GET Academy was founded on the principle of authentic learning experiences. To us, this means, real classrooms, real students and real learning. As a participant on the TEFL (Trinity CertTESOL) Program, you will:
- GET 300 hours of rewarding teaching experience (practicum) with real students in authentic Austrian classrooms.
- GET 130 hours of valuable face-to-face training by our professional, highly experienced, highly qualified academic team.
- GET not one, but two qualifications – the Trinity College London CertTESOL and the GET Academy’s TEFL-YL Certificate
- GET the knowledge, skills and experience required to work in the TEFL industry.
- GET access to our renowned Job Assistance Program.
- GET the opportunity to make a real difference in the lives of young learners in Austria
Our TEFL (Trinity CertTESOL) Program is a 3 month, entry-level EFL (English as a Foreign Language) teaching placement. The course aims to not only develop your theoretical knowledge of language teaching and learning but more importantly, provide you with a strong set of practical teaching skills, to aid you in the sound application of contemporary language teaching methodologies.
Participation in the course will give you the opportunity to put theory into practice at Austrian state schools. You will visit dozens of schools, teach hundreds of students and accrue over 300 hundred hours of teaching practice. This means teaching real students and experiencing real learning in authentic Austrian classrooms.
By combining aspects of several of the most established and respected approaches, the course will train you to be adaptive to the contextual needs of the learners, schools, and national curriculums. Alongside learning as a main teacher, the vocational nature of the course means a strong focus on practical classroom experience. This approach will give you the confidence and authority to be a successful ELT practitioner across a variety of fields.
Run in partnership with Trinity College London and in accordance with the Austrian national curriculum for English, successful completion of the GET Academy’s TEFL (Trinity CertTESOL) Program will equip you with the skills to work in the ELT industry and two qualifications to demonstrate your teaching proficiency; a TEFL-YL Certificate and the globally-recognised, accredited, Trinity College London CertTESOL. These qualifications, along with the course’s extensive practical experience will give you a headstart over thousands of other job applicants. In addition, the TEFL (Trinity CertTESOL) Program will support you to choose and follow your own professional pathway.
As part of the course, our graduates are also enrolled on our Job Assistance Program. This is because we understand finding a job can be hard, especially when you have no one to support you. Once you’ve completed a course and become a certified TEFL/TESOL teacher, the Job Assistance Program will help you navigate the TEFL industry’s job market, and find a TEFL post that suits your preferences.
Choosing our course will whisk you away to Austria, the heart of central Europe. In Austria, you’ll realise traveling is so much easier than you thought. Experience the exciting culture of Vienna, voted the best place to live 2018! Create new adventures in Innsbruck surrounded by the Alpine mountainous terrain of Tyrol and develop friendships with like minded people among the medieval architecture of Salzburg. Don’t miss out on the experience of a lifetime in Austria!
One of the best things about the world of TEFL is the people that you will meet along the way. During the course, you will be studying, teaching and living with fellow student teachers from all walks of life. Our student teacher dormitories provide a space for you to relax, recuperate and socialise in a safe and comfortable environment. At the Global English Teaching Academy, we provide this accommodation at no extra cost!
Proud to be more than a teacher training provider, the GET Academy promotes language learning, social skills and cultural exchange. As a result we actively engage in the community through our non-profit initiative ‘Hello English!’ We have a vision of transforming language teaching using student-centered, communicative language teaching methodologies. Luckily, we have been fortunate enough to continually receive support from those who share our vision. In keeping with this outlook, we are committed to making sure that our world-class TEFL (Trinity CertTESOL) Program is available to aspiring teachers from all walks of life. Therefore, we aim to keep our tuition fees as low as possible.
Total cost for full course: €1,400 (incl. VAT)
- Full tuition
- Trinity College London moderation fees
- Exam fees
- Shared accommodation for the duration of the program
- Over 300 hours of teaching practice
- 130 hours of face-to-face training
- 15 hours of observed and assessed teaching practice
- All travel to and from school and the training centre
- Provision of teaching materials
- Full use of training centre facilities (printer, photocopier, library etc.)
- Welcome lunch
- Graduation dinner
- Daily tea/coffee
– Shared Accommodation: Included
– Printing Fee: 25 euro (incl. VAT payable in cash at Orientation Day)
– Security Deposit: 75 euro (payable in cash at Orientation Day and refundable in full on completion of the course)*
*75 euro security deposit is to cover loss/damages to supplied teaching materials and accommodation/training facilities. Security deposits are refundable in full at the end of the course provided the student teacher has not lost/damaged any materials/facilities provided to them and signed for on their student teacher usage agreement.
Note: There are no extra costs for travel while participating in the program.